Montgomery Construction & Roofing has proudly supplied the commercial businesses and residential homes of the Central Texas area since 1995 and we will continue to do so for many more years to come. We are fully licensed and insured to deliver superior quality workmanship. We are family owned and operated to uphold high moral standards, family-friendly customer service, and extraordinary execution on all services rendered. Montgomery Construction & Roofing takes advantage of the high-end graded equipment, tools, and products to ensure our valued customers receive premium results.
How Do You Know if It’s Time to Replace Your Roof?
Montgomery Construction & Roofing offers a plethora of roofing service, including our commercial and residential roof replacement service. We understanding investing in a new roof replacement is not a decision easily made, but in most cases it’s mandatory. Roofs secure a foundation, offer protection against the elements, and are greatly needed to complete any structure. In many cases, some folks do not know when it is worth repairing a roof, or replacing it all together. Below you will find a list of warning signs your roof is in need of a replacement service from Montgomery Construction & Roofing.
– Age of roof. Generally a rooftop can withstand the elements and the course of time for approximately 20-25 years if it has been well maintained. In addition if the shingles have one or multiple layers of older shingles it can reduce the lifespan and be in the need of a replacement roof after to 20 years at most.
– Buckling or curling shingles. If there are several shingles that have begun to buckle or curl, a replacement roof is most likely needed. You can spot the buckling and curling shingles by looking at the slopes of your roof in direct sunlight. In this inspection, missing granules is another indicator the shingles is nearing the end of their function and your roof will need a replacement.
– Roof valleys. Valleys are one of the primary areas of your roof, if this area is compromised with snow and rain; your roof is more susceptible to leaks. Missing shingles or excessively damaged shingles are an indicator your home or business is in need of a replacement roof.
– Missing shingles. In most cases, you will notice the shingles are missing right after an intense storm. As previously mentioned, missing shingles is a red flag that your roof is no longer durable, and a replacement is soon needed.
– Old chimney flashing. The flashing is another key element to your roof’s integrity. If your flashing is engineered from roof cement or tar, a replacement rooftop will be needed to ensure your new flashing is derived from a long term, water-tight fitting designed from metal.
– Excessive granule buildup in the gutters. If during a routine gutter cleaning you discover you have accumulated an abundance of granules from your shingles, a replacement roof is needed as soon as possible. The missing granules are a sign your shingles have reached their lifespan, as well as observing patchy dark colors in the shingles.
– Sun’s rays bearing through the roof boards. If you notice a peculiar spongy or bouncy feel to your roof as you traverse the surface, it generally means the underlying deck is weak from moisture buildup. To confirm your suspicions, climb into the attic space and if you can see the daylight creeping in through the roof boards, you are in desperate need of a roof replacement.
Roofing Inspections in Central Texas
Montgomery Construction & Roofing offers free estimates, if your roof fits one or more of these red flag indicators, you are in need of a roof replacement and we can get your roof up to par with durability and energy efficiency. Call us today to get started!