More and more homeowners are considering making the big switch from receiving their power from the city the live in or from the sun. There are many people that are making the big switch to solar for their homes. When homeowners decide to go solar, there is often a big question as to whether or not they should have their current roof replaced first. Montgomery Construction & Roofing is here to talk about why it may make the most sense to have a roof replaced before you have new solar panels installed.
How Do Solar Panels Work with Roof Replacement?
There are many people that wonder if it is beneficial to have their roof replaced before they have their solar panels installed on their roof. The short answer is yes, putting solar panels on a new roof is what makes the most sense. Here are some of the reasons why.
– The money that you will save on power every month will eventually end up paying for the solar panels as well as the new roof.
– Your current roof has less than 10 years of life left in it. When your roof is older, you don’t want to have solar panels installed only to have then uninstalled 5 years later so that you can have a new roof put on your home.
– You can often have the loan to cover your solar panels and the loan needed to have your roof replaced combined into one payment which can streamline the process.
– When you have both your roof and your solar panels installed at the same time, you can rest easy knowing that you will be able to enjoy both of the products for decades to come. You shouldn’t have to replace your roof for 20-30 years depending on how well you maintain it.
– Consolidating the two projects can simplify the process as far as construction schedules go.
Do I Need to Install a New Roof Before Solar Panels?
The only thing that you need to think about when it comes to your older roof and having solar panels installed is whether or not your current roof can handle the load of solar panels. If you have 20 years of life left in it, you may not want to have it replaced before getting solar. It is important that you enlist the help of a roofing contractor to help you determine whether or not your roof is in good enough condition to handle solar installation.
Roof Inspections, Replacement, Repairs, Maintenance & More in Hillsboro, Mexia, Belton, Killeen, Temple, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Georgetown, Leander, Cedar Park, Kyle, San Marcos & Greater Waco, TX
At Montgomery Construction & Roofing, we have the knowledge and training needed to tell you honestly whether or not your current roof can handle the load of solar panels on it. If a roof replacement is in order, you can count on us to make sure your new roof is installed right with the strength to support your new solar panels. Call us today!