While many people will say they are thankful to have a roof over their head, they are usually talking about their house as a whole. Not very many people think about and appreciate the actual roof that is above their head. When you think about your roof, most people want to extend its life for as long as possible. Roof replacement can be a large investment that most people don’t want to make unless they have to. This is why Montgomery Construction & Roofing is here to talk about some of the ways you can extend the life of your current asphalt shingle roof.
How Can I Increase the Life Expectancy of My Roof?
The best way to get the most out of your roof is to maintain it properly, just like everything else. We would like to share our best tips to help you extend the life of your roof for as long as possible.
– Clean Gutters: Many people don’t realize how important the gutter system on their home is. You need that excess water that comes from storms to flow freely down your gutter system and away from your home. When it pools because of debris blocking waterflow, it can cause portions of your roof to rot.
– Trim Trees Away from Home: The trees on your property are definitely a beautiful addition. However, you shouldn’t allow them to get too close to your roof. Trees can cause damage to asphalt shingles. You want to have your trees trimmed so that they are at least 6 feet away from your roof.
– Attic Ventilation: Not only will proper attic ventilation help you save on your energy bills every month, but it will also help you keep your roof in good condition. This is because it allows cool air to freely flow in and hot air to escape as well.
– Clear Moss from Roof: You should never allow moss to grow on your roof. This can be a common problem in areas that have high levels of humidity. The moss usually grows on areas of the roof that don’t get a lot of sunlight. The moss can cause significant damage to the roof if it is left.
– Fix Roofing Damage: If you notice that there is any damage to any of your shingles, it is important that your repair them as needed. Don’t allow missing or damaged shingles to go unnoticed. Fixing shingles that aren’t in good condition can extend the life of your roof by a lot.
– Roof Inspections: It is always a good idea to have a roofing professional inspect your roof on an annual basis to check for any damage. Making repairs along the way is key in extending the life of your roof.
Emergency Roof Repairs, Replacement & More in Hillsboro, Mexia, Belton, Killeen, Temple, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Georgetown, Leander, Cedar Park, Kyle, San Marcos & Greater Waco, TX
If you have issues with your roof, or you think it might be time to replace your roof, you can trust the pros at Montgomery Construction & Roofing to make sure your roof is able to offer your home the protection it needs. Call us today!